How To Make Dog-Friendly Sweet Potato Pups
Looking for a fun and healthy recipe to spoil your pooch with? I normally give Kilo a little mashed sweet potato with dinner. Kilo the Pug loved this pup so much he snuck around and jumped up on the table and stole one when we were taking photos. I liked mine too.
All our DOG LICKS recipes are DIY, dog-friendly and look like dogs. Enjoy our vegan sweet potato pups, perfect for doggy birthday parties or kids parties and snacks.
We chose to use blueberries as the eyes and nose, but your dog’s favourite kibble will also work.
- 1 whole Sweet potato
- Red pepper
- Peanut Butter
Preheat oven to 375F
- Place sweet potato on a baking tray and bake for 1 hour until fork soft but just firm enough to cut through. Add in Spinach leaves for a few minutes at the end. I bake sweet potatoes every week as Kilo the Pug and my daughters and I love them. I sometimes put a piece of tin foil under on the baking tray to make easier to clean.
Let sweet potato cool before decorating.
- Cut sweet potato into circles.
- Using a shot glass or knife cut out a smaller circle of sweet potato for the muzzle.
- Place larger sweet potato circle as the face.
- Using a dab of peanut butter attach the muzzle.
- Cut the spinach leaves in half and attach as ears.
- Place the blueberries as eyes and nose.
- Red pepper as tongue and collar.
Want More Tasty Dog-Friendly Treats? Check out our full list of DOG LICKS Recipies HERE
Share your favourite recipes and suggestions for new DOG LICKS recipes in the comments below.
Disclaimer: Please note that I am just having fun with these Dog Licks Recipes, making food that looks like cute pups and that my dog, my kids and I can enjoy. I am not an expert, a chef, a vet or a nutritionist, so it’s advisable to consult with your own authority when trying new foods, and also to ensure that your dog’s or your child’s diet is balanced and appropriate & includes all of the nutrients that are necessary for good health.