Ontario Association of Veterinary Technicians keeping Dogs FIT
Today on Fit Dog Friday, we want to give a big shout out to all the veterinary technicians that work in veterinary practises to keep our pets fit and healthy. We would also like to thank the Ontario Association of Veterinary Technicians for their support.
What is an RVT?
A Registered Veterinary Technician (RVT) is a highly educated and trained professional working as an integral member of the veterinary health care team. Their education provides them with the theory and practical skills essential to deliver a gold standard of veterinary care.
To become an RVT in Ontario, one must:
1. Demonstrate they have graduated from an OAVT accredited Veterinary Technology college program
2. Successfully compete the Veterinary Technician National Examination (VTNE) with a passing grade
3. Complete the OAVT Professionalism & Ethics Workshop
4. Submit a criminal records check
5. Satisfy continuing education requirements on a bi-annual basis to maintain RVT status
We would especially like to thank the OAVT for helping our obesity prevention initiatives.
What is the OAVT?
The Ontario Association of Veterinary Technicians (OAVT) is a professional association with the following objectives:
1. To advance public awareness of Registered Veterinary Technicians (RVTs) through legislation
2. To maintain and develop relations with stakeholder groups
3. To educate all members on the value and responsibilities of membership
4. To develop and ensure effective communications both internally and externally
5. To advance the OAVT governance and operational model
6. To ensure that the OAVT remains a financially viable organization capable of achieving its stated goals.
They do an awesome job. If you are an OAVT member and would like to register your veterinary clinic click HERE
Registered Veterinary Technicians are important to your pet – find out why with their fun video.