How to Make Easy Dog-Friendly Rice Pups
Dog Licks Recipes
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 20 minutes
- 2 cups of rice (sushi rice or jasmine rice will probably hold together best but you can use any type)
- A few pieces of your dog’s favourite kibble. If making this for a child (or if your dog likes blueberries), use blueberries instead of kibble.
- One slice of sliced ham or turkey (for ears and tongue)
- A few slices of red, green or yellow pepper (for bow-tie decoration)
- One Tablespoon of olive oil
1) Cook Rice – Rinse the rice in a strainer or colander until the water runs clear. Combine with water in a medium saucepan or rice cooker (I use a rice cooker). Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low, cover and cook for 20 minutes or until water is gone and rice is soft but not too squishy. Let sit.
2) Add a little oil to cooked rice so sticks together well. Pack your cooked sushi rice into a small round bowl with a spoon. Carefully pop the rice out onto a plate by tipping the bowl over onto the plate and tapping the sides. Remove the bowl and you should have a rice dome (or face).
3) Use a small measuring teaspoon to create a 3D pup nose or muzzle as above – be very gentle when tipping the spoon over onto the face dome. Tap the rice ball out carefully onto the lower third of the face.
4) Repeat with a slightly larger measuring spoon to make the ears. Pack the rice tight and flip over, placing the small rice domes on either side of the top of the face dome.
6) Cut red pepper and yellow pepper into a bow-tie shape.
7) For your dog, place 3 pieces of kibble on the rice for eyes and nose. If making this for a child, use blueberries instead of kibble.
Enjoy- Kilo the Pug certainly did! I think he likes his new job as official Dog Licks Recipe Taster.
Tell us what you think of this cute dog-friendly Dog Licks Recipe in the comments. Do you have any favourites to share?
Look out weekly for our next recipes and Subscribe to our Channel on YouTube so you don’t miss out.