How To Make Adorable Morkie Cupcakes
Kilo loves to cook and who doesn’t like making adorable pup cakes that you can customize to look just like your dog! Today’s recipe is inspired by our adorable Yorkie mix friends! We love the sweet demeanor, energy and big personalities these little dogs have. Our blogging pal Mr. N of Tenacious Little Terrier is always on an adventure, our Toronto buddy Herman In The Hood always has adorable new photos and no one dresses better than Winston the Mighty Yorkie.
We saw these little cuties on Instagram and Pinterest and thought the pup cake could be a close match. What do you think?
All our DOG LICKS recipes are DIY, dog-friendly and look like dogs. This recipe is a great one for Birthday parties or any special event you may be planning for your fur kid. It has limited ingredients and can be altered to suit your dog’s tastes.
We chose to use blueberries as the eyes and nose, but your dog’s favourite kibble will also work.
We suggest using brown rice flour, which is gluten-free and has healthy nutrients like protein, fiber, iron, and vitamin B. But any type of flour you have on hand should work fine.
Hands-On Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes Yield: 6 cupcakes Level: Easy
- 2 cups brown rice flour (or whole wheat flour or rye flour)
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tablespoons organic plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup DOGSBUTTER from DOG for DOG or organic peanut butter
- 1/3 cup sweet potato puree
- 1/3 cup cream cheese
- 1 marshmallow
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a mixing bowl, stir the sugar, canola oil, butter, and yogurt until well combined.
- Add both eggs and continue to mix.
- Add milk, flour, baking powder and salt. Mix until smooth.
- Insert cupcake liners into a muffin or cupcake pan. Spoon mixture into cupcake liners, filling each about halfway.
- Bake for about 15-18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
*Allow cupcakes to cool to room temperature.
- Combine peanut butter and sweet potato puree in a bowl or use plain peanut butter if you prefer
- In another bowl combine cream cheese and sweet potato puree- you can vary the tone of the icing by adding more or less sweet potato. You can also add a little yoghurt to make runnier for decorating.
- Cover the cupcake with the lighter icing completely.
- Place a piece of marshmallow for each ear and muzzle to give height.
- Cover the marshmallow pieces with the darker icing.
- Add blueberry eyes and nose and a piece of strawberry for the tongue to finish.
Want More Tasty Dog-Friendly Treats? Check out our full list of DOG LICKS Recipies HERE
Don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube Channel for more Recipe Videos Weekly www.youtube.com/talenthounds .
Share your favourite recipes and suggestions for new DOG LICKS recipes in the comments below.
Disclaimer: Please note that I am just having fun with these Dog Licks Recipes, making food that looks like cute pups and that my dog, my kids and I can enjoy. I am not an expert, a chef, a vet or a nutritionist, so it’s advisable to consult with your own authority when trying new foods, and also to ensure that your dog’s or your child’s diet is balanced and appropriate & includes all of the nutrients that are necessary for good health.