Delicious Dog-Friendly Turkey Mutt Loaf
Dog Licks Recipe for Thanksgiving Dinner
Well, Kilo is giving thanks for the season and his job as official Talent Hounds Recipe Taster. This delicious Turkey Mutt Loaf recipe was Kilo’s favorite so far in our Dog Licks Series. He ate it with a little of his usual kibble for dinner for two nights and LOVED it. My husband, daughter, and I enjoyed it too – I added some tomato source on ours.
All our DOG LICKS recipes are DIY, dog-friendly, look like cute dogs, and make mealtime and parties more fun. Let your dogs and kids enjoy a Sunday dinner or a birthday or join in the celebration on Thanksgiving and other seasonal holidays with this tasty, healthy, lean turkey and veggie mutt loaf meal. It’s also a great way to use leftover turkey breast.
- 2 cups raw minced turkey or shredded leftovers from your Thanksgiving turkey (flesh only – no fat, skin, bones, or onion)
- 1 cup quinoa and/or rice – I used a mix of brown rice, quinoa, and lentils I had half cooked
- 1 egg
- 3 green beans
- 3 pieces of asparagus
- 3 baby carrots
- 1 tablespoon of pumpkin puree
- 1 slice of red pepper
- Red pepper
- 1 cherry tomato
- 3 pieces of kibble
Preheat oven to 375F
- Mix the meat, rice, pumpkin puree, and egg in a bowl with a fork.
- Chop up the vegetables and add them to meat mixture. Distribute well throughout the mix.
- Spoon mix into cupcake tins (1 large and 2 small per pup). Place cups on a baking tray.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until brown and firm to a fork. The smaller tins will cook faster than the larger ones, so check after 20 minutes and remove when meat is fully cooked.
- Turn over the largest cupcake tin to create the face and the two smaller cupcake tins for the ears.
- Add two cherry tomato slices as eyes.
- Put a scoop of pumpkin puree in the middle as the muzzle with a kibble as the nose.
- Add a piece of red pepper as the tongue and spinach as a bow tie.
Want More Tasty Dog-Friendly Treats? Check out our full list of DOG LICKS Recipies HERE
THANKSGIVING BONUS GIVEAWAY
SUBSCRIBE to Our Newsletter and WE’LL SEND YOU A PDF RECIPE BOOKLET with ALL 4 of our Delicious DOG LICKS THANKSGIVING RECIPES
Share your favourite recipes and suggestions for new DOG LICKS recipes in the comments below.
Disclaimer: Please note that I am just having fun with these Dog Licks Recipes, making food that looks like cute pups and that my dog, my kids and I can enjoy. I am not an expert, a chef, a vet or a nutritionist, so it’s advisable to consult with your own authority when trying new foods, and also to ensure that your dog’s or your child’s diet is balanced and appropriate & includes all of the nutrients that are necessary for good health.