What Is The Most Popular Pet In The US?
Don’t Miss The DOG LICKS Recipe Booklet Giveaway
Simply SUBSCRIBE to Our Newsletter and we’ll e-mail you a PDF of our RECIPE BOOKLET with ALL 4 of our Delicious Fall inspired DOG LICKS RECIPES! Perfect for Thanksgiving and holiday parties. Click HERE to Enter
All our DOG LICKS recipes are dog-friendly and look like dogs. These are perfect for doggy birthday parties or kids parties and snacks.
Indulge your dog or kids with these easy DIY cookies that are customizable to look just like Labrador Retrievers! Your kids can even help make them.
How To Make Dog-Friendly Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups of flour (I used plain white but have also tried rice and whole wheat)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons of peanut butter
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons of cooked pumpkin (I used unsweetened 100% natural canned this time for convenience but usually bake my own) other options include bananas, parsley, etc
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup, honey, or sugar
- 1 egg
How To Make Dog Safe Faux “Chocolate” Icing
- 1/4 cup carob powder (I was super excited to learn about carob- what a great substitute for chocolate)
- 2 tbsp water (mix into a paste- adjust water to get desired thickness)
- Peanut Butter
- Cream Cheese and Yogurt Icing (1/3 cup of each and 1/3 cup of sugar combined)
- Carob Faux “chocolate” frosting (1/4 cup carob powder, 2 tbsp water)
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Combine flour, baking powder, sugar, water and the egg in a bowl. Combine.
- Add the pumpkin and peanut butter and stir until you have a firm dough. You may need to use your hands to knead it into a circle.
- Lightly flour your surface, roll out the dough
- Cut out puppy shapes with cookie cutter.
- Bake for 12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Let cookies cool for 10 minutes before decorating.
- Cover cookie with peanut butter or yogurt icing.
- Use carob faux “chocolate” frosting to add eye, nose and collar detail.
Want More Tasty Dog-Friendly Treats? See all of our DOG LICKS Recipies HERE.
Share your favourite Labrador Retriever-inspired recipes or any photos of your “Puppy Love Cookies” in the comments below.
What dog breed you would like to see us make? Let us know in the comments.
Disclaimer: Please note that I am just having fun with these Dog Licks Recipes, making food that looks like cute pups and that my dog, my kids and I can enjoy. I am not an expert, a chef, a vet or a nutritionist, so it’s advisable to consult with your own authority when trying new foods, and also to ensure that your dog’s or your child’s diet is balanced and appropriate & includes all of the nutrients that are necessary for good health.