Do You Love Labradoodles and Thanksgiving?
Try Our New Dog-friendly Dog Licks Mashed Potato Recipe
We were thinking of our favorite foods for Thanksgiving and decided that a mashed potato recipe would go perfectly with our turkey mutt loaf and pumpkin pie pup recipes.
Inspired by our beautiful friend Bocker Labradoodle, we wanted to see if we could create a gorgeous Doodle face to make us smile and remember all the good deeds of one very lucky Doodle.
All our DOG LICKS recipes are DIY, dog-friendly, and look like dogs. This recipe is a great one for Thanksgiving dinner parties or any special event you may be planning for your fur kid. It has limited ingredients and can be altered to suit your dog’s tastes.httpss://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5G1qZX6B5TE
- 1 large potato
- Skim milk (or your favourite type of milk, and butter can be a substitute or can be added)
- Sweet potato puree
- Red pepper
- Peel potato.
- Cut potato into small chunks to cook faster.
- Boil for 5 minutes, then simmer for 20 or until soft when poked with a fork.
- Drain potato pieces and return them to the bowl.
- Mash potatoes adding splashes of milk and/or butter until smooth.
- Using a measuring cup or large spoon, scoop a large circle of mashed potato onto the plate for the face.
- With a smaller measuring spoon, make two ears out of the mashed potato.
- Cut strips of the red pepper for the collar and tongue.
- Add a teaspoon of the sweet potato puree for the eyes and nose, and add kibble to make them pop.
- Add red pepper pieces for the tongue and collar.
Want More Tasty Dog-Friendly Treats? Check out our full list of DOG LICKS Recipies HERE
Don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube Channel for more Recipe Videos Weekly www.youtube.com/talenthounds .
SUBSCRIBE to Our Newsletter and WE’LL SEND YOU A PDF RECIPE BOOKLET with ALL 4 of our Delicious DOG LICKS THANKSGIVING RECIPES
Share your favourite recipes and suggestions for new DOG LICKS recipes in the comments below.
Disclaimer: Please note that I am just having fun with these Dog Licks Recipes, making food that looks like cute pups and that my dog, my kids and I can enjoy. I am not an expert, a chef, a vet or a nutritionist, so it’s advisable to consult with your own authority when trying new foods, and also to ensure that your dog’s or your child’s diet is balanced and appropriate & includes all of the nutrients that are necessary for good health.